• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VP300i Fuse Replacement

mpn

Anyone here ever replace the small white fuse on the board that the power plug goes in to? It is testing bad and is soldered in. It's a VP300i so it's quite a bit older and it's the very first problem we've had since purchasing the printer new 12 plus years ago. It is a tank and would like to keep her going if possible.

Any leads on a replacement fuse and is it possible to get the board out without taking a ton of stuff apart?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Please post a pic of the fuse showing it's location so the we can advise you correctly. From your description, it's sounding like you are describing a power supply fuse. What are the symptoms with the printer? Does it power up? Are you missing entire color groups on the test print?

mpn

I'll get a pic later today. This printer has never been taken apart and is carefully operated in a climate controlled environment. It was running the afternoon prior and boom it just failed. It's on a protected electrical circuit as well. I'm thinking it's just finally wearing out and it's been a solid piece of equipment. I think I can replace it if I can get the board out without taking too much of the machine apart. Thanks for the replys, I appreciate it!