• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VP300i

will61

Hello, I made a mistake by buying a printer head from amazon (kind of on the struggle bus and took a chance on a cheap one). I replaced my old head, which was starting to have that overspray effect. I watched a few old videos and was confident enough to try this on my own. I replaced the head and noticed right away that now I had nothing for black printing. I saw a few posts saying to bleed the line and some to use a syringe manually. Before I could do this I took the line off and noticed that 1 of 2 nipples was missing, I was like how did I break this off? I took out the printer head and inspected it, I had to take pictures to get close but the result was that the nipple was glued on and when you look at the other nipple it was deformed and looked nothing like the original one. Story short, I got scammed.

Moving forward, I tried to put back the old head, as I went to put the bladder back on I noticed it was not going in, I looked at the bladder opening and found the broken nipple. I was like fine ill take it out but it was basically plastic mush or maybe even glue. It was not solid at all, after I cleaned the bladder out, I tried my best to clean it with the Roland cleaning solvent. once I felt like I cleaned the bladder enough I went on with the installation and again no ink. I did the Head fill and then also manually tried to fill the head with ink and still nothing. I also tried a head soak and used a syringe to make sure the head was not clogged and I have a good flow on both sides of the head.

So I am stuck, the original head was working when I took it out, and now it is not.

- I have read on here to change the captop? what is the function of this I just assumed it was a waste capture feature container for the pump to suck out? Does it also help the ink flow?
- I should be replacing the bladder
- I need a new printer head
- Some ink spilled on the edge of the printhead circuit board, I do not see ink around the ribbon cable area, cleaned as best as possible and used isopropyl alcohol just on the edge. Did I "F" this up by trying to clean it?
- Are there any Canadian suppliers that are similar to digiprint-usa? I'm trying to avoid UPS brokerage fees or some other US supplier that uses USPS?
- Seeing I'm on the struggle bus, I can't just call my dealer as the last time I got my black printer head was 8 or so years ago and that cost me roughly 2300 Canadian Dollars, I can only imagine that would be double by now
- I'm a small one-man home business, I have been struggling since covid, and just going to keep going downhill it seems. Any tips on how to resolve this on the cheap would be amazing but I understand if your laughing your ass off, i got what I paid for :rolleyes:

inserted pictures of the head I got from amazon.
IMG_2353.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 59

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like you might need the cap top. The cap top has to seal with the head so the pump can pull ink down. If you ran a fill up and ink didn't flow into the head, the cap probably isn't sealing.

will61

Thank you, would it be a good idea to swap a cap top just to test? I'm just spinning ideas, I will try the other solutions also just need to try something now while i wait :)