• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540 clunk

No Lemon

Is it normal to hear a slight clunk every time the print head carriage goes to the far right when printing? Everything seems to be ok just wondering?

E Coloney

Hello. I have a Roland XC-540. I have no clunk but my machine gives a little "shake" as the print carriage reverses direction. Perhaps yours does the same and there is something a tad loose that is causing the sound. Is it metallic or not? Could it be the waste ink container?

Is it normal to hear a slight clunk every time the print head carriage goes to the far right when printing? Everything seems to be ok just wondering?

Hey No Lemon,

Both Player and Kentucky Wraps are correct, this is normal. The VP-540 printer uses an cantilever system to physically press the lever to raise and lower the capping assembly. That movement is what you're hearing and there's no worries. All is well!

If you have any other questions about the machine or software, it's encouraged for you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

No Lemon

Hey No Lemon,

Both Player and Kentucky Wraps are correct, this is normal. The VP-540 printer uses an cantilever system to physically press the lever to raise and lower the capping assembly. That movement is what you're hearing and there's no worries. All is well!

If you have any other questions about the machine or software, it's encouraged for you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Ok Thanks for the info. It does not make the noise if I am cutting only.

I'm pretty new to this but have learned a bunch in the last few months.