• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland vp540 cyan printing patchy

ash1982

Hi everyone,

I have a Vp540 which I have been running for about 9 months, it was 2nd hand when purchased. It prints perfectly for most jobs but when printing cyan alone it is patchy but even. You can see an even amount of white through the test print, where yellow, black and magenta are fully solid prints. So clearly a problem with cyan.

I have changed dampers - no different
I have changed the captop - no different - (but was aftermarket)
Also test print have an odd one or two dropouts the same as the other colours. So I'm guessing its not just a block head. Hope this makes sense!

Does anyone have any suggestions of a possible cause??

Thanks
Ashley

ash1982

Hi Bobby I have tried to take some photos but it dosent show. The best way I can describe it is you can see through the colour it look transulent. The other colours are solid but the cyan you can see the white vinyl faintly, like its chucking out 70% not enough to cover completely but it is still even. Just like the flow of ink is retricted on that colour. It has been syringed and there is no air in pipes but when I syringe it is not air tight. Just something else to consider?? I try and get some clearer pictures.
Thanks Ashley

ash1982

Hi Bobby I have tried to take some photos but it dosent show. The best way I can describe it is you can see through the colour it look transulent. The other colours are solid but the cyan you can see the white vinyl faintly, like its chucking out 70% not enough to cover completely but it is still even. Just like the flow of ink is retricted on that colour. It has been syringed and there is no air in pipes but when I syringe it is not air tight. Just something else to consider?? I try and get some clearer pictures.
Thanks Ashley