• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540 disconnects from printing

Dan Thomas

Hello, Running VW5.5.1 on windows 10 with Flexi pro 11. I send to VW or Production manager and 1out of 4 times or more it states printer not connected in VW and processing on the VP540.
Direct attachment with cat cable. Print starts fine and get about half way through then loses connection. reboot computer and VW says its connected, also reboot VP540 . Conflicts with Win 10
and SAi I was told from their support, but I can still create and access cloud etc.
Appreciate any input!

netsol

You should start out by checking power management
Device manager>network adapters>choose your Ethernet adapter>properties>power management>remove the check mark from allow windows to turn device off to save power

I have widows 10 machines drop out in middle of print job everyday (and windows update puts the check mark back if you are not local administrator)

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Have you tried VW6? I have the same issue with vw5 but no issues with vw6! maybe reinstall vw5

Cosmin

Or may be a hardware issue. Try to heat the mainboard area on the printer and restart the printer

EmilyAlice3

High-brow and I rock a little know-how.
For what it's worth, I was having a similar issue with my newly installed SG2-300 (VW 6).

I'm not sure if you are on a network, but this was my solution, which baffled my IT department. The following came straight from my Roland rep: "This is definitely a network connectivity issue. The best way if you can do it is to use or add another hardware ethernet port and connect the printer directly from the computer to the printer, outside of the company network. We have some large corporate customers who have huge networks and they have had to do this. In the past you could add another ethernet port but that might not be so easy now. Something is interrupting or stopping the flow of data to the printer. Your IT people should be able to deal with this."

That's what they did, and I've been running smoothly ever since, no problems.