Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland VP540 Linear bearing

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by SignEx, Sep 6, 2018.

1. SignEx

SignEx Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Monett, MO
    We have a VP540 Roland with bad linear bearing, Does anyone know an aftermarket part # that is suitable for this machine or should I use genuine roland parts,
    Motion Industries has the bearings but I can seem to find exact part number,
    any input would be appreciated,

thanks mark

Tags:
  2. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    I thought Roland bearings were matched to the rail and you have to replace both... Not sure but I remember reading this before.

3. Phenson

Phenson New Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Tasmania
    Hi Mark, Did you get any feed back from this. I have a SP540V and I am having to oil the rail/bearings frequently. I would like to know the part number also .
    Cheers Paul.

4. SignEx

SignEx Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Monett, MO
    I ended up buying parts from Roland, rail and bearing assembly, think it was about $1200, ouch, I could never be sure of replacement aftermarket bearing,

5. hybriddesign

hybriddesign owner Hybrid Design

Jul 31, 2012
    Honolulu
    99% sure it's this one below but thk isn't really set up to sell to individuals. We ordered from linear industries which was a distributor but again I didn't really feel like they were set up to sell a single bearing block. 5 years ago we paid around $50 each and I bought two in case it ever popped up again and I felt like they were doing me a favor taking such a small order. Our oem bearing had the thk logo on it and we just had to figure out the measurements and which one it was as there are a lot of variations. Just make sure not to loose any balls when you install it as the bearings aren't captive.

https://tech.thk.com/en/products/thkdlink.php?id=1107

SSR 15XW

Linearindustries.com

6. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Paul, can you send a photo of what bearing you are oiling frequently, my SP540V is 9 years old and I may need to oil it but I have NO ideas what you guys are talking about?

Thanks for any help.

7. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    OMG: I just searched Google for "Roland SP540V rail/bearings" and the
    THK Linear Bearing/Rail Block for Roland SP-300 SP-300V SP-300I SP-540 SP-540I SP-540V Vinyl Printer
    is available on Amazon for $5788 and FREE shipping

https://www.amazon.com/bearing-SP-300V-SP-300I-SP-540I-SP-540V/dp/B0798QB9FN

Typically the bearing wear and not the rail, an engineer told me that.

I hope this helps someone in the future.