• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540 Linear bearing

SignEx

We have a VP540 Roland with bad linear bearing, Does anyone know an aftermarket part # that is suitable for this machine or should I use genuine roland parts,
Motion Industries has the bearings but I can seem to find exact part number,
any input would be appreciated,

thanks mark

player

I thought Roland bearings were matched to the rail and you have to replace both... Not sure but I remember reading this before.

Phenson

We have a VP540 Roland with bad linear bearing, Does anyone know an aftermarket part # that is suitable for this machine or should I use genuine roland parts,
Motion Industries has the bearings but I can seem to find exact part number,
any input would be appreciated,

thanks mark

Hi Mark, Did you get any feed back from this. I have a SP540V and I am having to oil the rail/bearings frequently. I would like to know the part number also .
Cheers Paul.

SignEx

Hi Mark, Did you get any feed back from this. I have a SP540V and I am having to oil the rail/bearings frequently. I would like to know the part number also .
Cheers Paul.
I ended up buying parts from Roland, rail and bearing assembly, think it was about $1200, ouch, I could never be sure of replacement aftermarket bearing,

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
99% sure it's this one below but thk isn't really set up to sell to individuals. We ordered from linear industries which was a distributor but again I didn't really feel like they were set up to sell a single bearing block. 5 years ago we paid around $50 each and I bought two in case it ever popped up again and I felt like they were doing me a favor taking such a small order. Our oem bearing had the thk logo on it and we just had to figure out the measurements and which one it was as there are a lot of variations. Just make sure not to loose any balls when you install it as the bearings aren't captive.

https://tech.thk.com/en/products/thkdlink.php?id=1107

SSR 15XW

Linearindustries.com

phototec

Cheers Paul.

Paul, can you send a photo of what bearing you are oiling frequently, my SP540V is 9 years old and I may need to oil it but I have NO ideas what you guys are talking about?

Thanks for any help.

phototec

I ended up buying parts from Roland, rail and bearing assembly, think it was about $1200, ouch, I could never be sure of replacement aftermarket bearing,

OMG: I just searched Google for "Roland SP540V rail/bearings" and the
THK Linear Bearing/Rail Block for Roland SP-300 SP-300V SP-300I SP-540 SP-540I SP-540V Vinyl Printer
is available on Amazon for $5788 and FREE shipping

https://www.amazon.com/bearing-SP-300V-SP-300I-SP-540I-SP-540V/dp/B0798QB9FN

Typically the bearing wear and not the rail, an engineer told me that.

I hope this helps someone in the future.