• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540 Magenta print problem

perimage

Hello fellow sign guys.

I have a Roland VP 540 that is 3 years old.

I am having problems with my VersaCamm dropping out my magenta ink. When I do test prints sometimes I will get two full strips and others a full strip on the right and few nozzles firing on the left. I have lost numerous amount of time, ink, and material trying to get this problem fixed.

Everything that can be changed to fix this problem is brand new. New head, new cap top and new dampers.

I can do a print in the morning it will look ok, the very next print the magenta starts to die or is dead from the beginning.

Please help.

thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 129

CS-SignSupply

Air is getting into the system somehow more than likely and causing the ink starvation issue. Most of the time, the symptoms you describe are caused by the damper or a cracked head manifold from forcing the new damper into place.

I would try to swap the Magenta and yellow dampers, run the printer for a bit and see if you see the same Magenta drop out... If so, probably still the damper. If the Yellow starts to starve, probably the printhead manifold.

Hope this helps.