• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540 main long cable replacement

SignEx

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the 3 main cables that run the print head assembly,

All 3 come from main board to print head carriage, Its hard to tell if there is different part numbers for cables or if they are identical, Just looking at them they look the same, but I get different part numbers when I search for the cables, 23475240 CABLE-CARD,36P1 2670L BB HIGH-V and 23475213 CABLE-CARD,36P1 2000L BB

any input would be appreciated ,

thanks mark

player

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the 3 main cables that run the print head assembly,

All 3 come from main board to print head carriage, Its hard to tell if there is different part numbers for cables or if they are identical, Just looking at them they look the same, but I get different part numbers when I search for the cables, 23475240 CABLE-CARD,36P1 2670L BB HIGH-V and 23475213 CABLE-CARD,36P1 2000L BB

thanks mark
I just changed mine (VP-540i) and they are all the same. If buying generic cables from Digiprint they are thinner. I found it to be a difficult job. I have read to tape one cable to the end of the old and just pull it through. I took mine all out and then installed all the new ones. Also be very careful not to kink the ink lines.

player

Why are you changing them? I changed the 8 short cables and the 3 long cables and I thought it was fixed but then it started acting up again. I bought a new board but have yet to install it.

SignEx

All was fine until a couple of days ago, the linear bearing on print head carriage went out,I got a service call 101 error, so I replaced the bearing and it started back up without any error, But then the problems started, first it randomly was firing yellow printhead, then it started blowing fuse on blue and black head, then the green light on small board up on head carriage would not come on and printer would not turn on,
Strange part is if I unplug one of the large cables at head board, then the printer will power on,

I think I may have damaged one of the cables while changing the printhead bearings,

I think I have replaced everything on this printer at some point over the years, but this time its getting confusing trying to figure out whats wrong,

player

All was fine until a couple of days ago, the linear bearing on print head carriage went out,I got a service call 101 error, so I replaced the bearing and it started back up without any error, But then the problems started, first it randomly was firing yellow printhead, then it started blowing fuse on blue and black head, then the green light on small board up on head carriage would not come on and printer would not turn on,
Strange part is if I unplug one of the large cables at head board, then the printer will power on,

I think I may have damaged one of the cables while changing the printhead bearings,

I think I have replaced everything on this printer at some point over the years, but this time its getting confusing trying to figure out whats wrong,
You have the service manual? I had an SP-540V and it was much more durable.

Have you ever changed the mainboard?

Last edited:

player

thanks mark
Any luck? Again have you ever installed the mainboard?