• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540 only printing two colors???

wochi

hi,

I have a problem with my Roland. When printing it started to print all blue. I did a test print and noticed that only cyan and black print!!!
can you tell me what can i do to solve this??the machine is two months old!
thanks in advance

futuredcon

call the company you purchased it from.If new then it has a warranty and it will be honoured for repair work if within the warranty.
Sounds like it may be the Dampers.

wochi

i know i have warranty if necessary but here in Portugal is 3 A.M and i need the prints for tomorrow morning :banghead::banghead:

nothing that i can do??

Bigdawg

Just Me
Have you cleaned it lately? And how often do you clean it? Has it sat for a while without printing anything? Are you getting absolutely nothing in the magenta and yellow or are you seeing even little spots when you do a test print from the machine?

futuredcon

i know i have warranty if necessary but here in Portugal is 3 A.M and i need the prints for tomorrow morning :banghead::banghead:

nothing that i can do??
Go back to bed and deal with it in the morning.Nothing you can do now and i wouldn't lose any sleep over it.Again it may be clogged Dampers which is not at all hard to rectify.Or it could be the pump.
Good luck anyways.

wochi

Have you cleaned it lately? And how often do you clean it? Has it sat for a while without printing anything? Are you getting absolutely nothing in the magenta and yellow or are you seeing even little spots when you do a test print from the machine?

it was printing normally. then the media jammed and the printing heads got stuck. After this started printing only blue. Did the test print. powerfull cleaning and manual cleaning...nothing worked
Only perfect cyan and perfect black in the test print. Magenta and Yellow not even a single drop:banghead:

wochi

Go back to bed and deal with it in the morning.Nothing you can do now and i wouldn't lose any sleep over it.Again it may be clogged Dampers which is not at all hard to rectify.Or it could be the pump.
Good luck anyways.
i think that´s what i will do...but if anyone could find a solution so i can start working without calling the assistance would be much better. but thanks anyway :thumb:

encadtech

ok - I have a sc-540. I have run the head aground many times. This is the 1 thing that is the down fall of the roland printers - crash the head = NO GOOD. In the cleaning kit that came with the printer - you received flushing cartridges for the heads. The fluid in theses flushing cartridges is the right stuff to use if your head won't clear w/ a normal clean cartridge cycle from the service menu. There should also be some long white soft swabs w/ foam pads in the cleaning kit. You need to soak the swab w/ the solution from the flushing cartridge and clean the underside of the head. I use a priming bottle from an ENCAD printer that allows me to push the needle into the cartridge and suck out the solution without having to cut open the cartridge. You will need to remove the right hand cover - power cycle the printer. This will disengage the heads from the capping station. Turn the power off. This will allow you to slide the head to a place where you can get to them and clean them. This procedure will expose the heads for whatever duration of time you have them in the open - you want to do this as quickly as possible. Make sure you re-apply power and do a strong cleaning after the printer is ready. GL - Hope this helped

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Another thing I have done when my printer sat for a while during a move. I soaked the suspected heads in cleaning solution by clipping the hoses from the pump to the caps and pouring solution in the cap until it fills up. Let the heads park for 30+ mins and then do a couple of cleanings.

I had a situation where this didn't work because of a bad cap. I purchased a syringe that I attached to the hose from the cap. Park the heads. Slowly pull the syringe and you should suck ink. If it sucks air easily chances are your cap is not sealing (need to replace the cap).

Regards
Dave