Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland Vp540 quick question ?????

Discussion in 'Roland' started by kustom.printing, Apr 2, 2009.

1. kustom.printing

kustom.printing Member

Dec 19, 2008
    How long is it safe to leave my Roland VP540 not printing just doing the 8hr maintenance clean.

I am going to be doing quite a lot of cutting for the next month but no printing, would this be ok ??????

Tags:
  2. trik

trik Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yuba City, CA
    well I would do a test print every day, do your maintenence once a week at least, maybe run off a few of your company decals something small or a poster for the shop, just to keep it moving a bit.
    you need to make sure things are working, just don't ignore it, if you do it will bite ya!

3. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    It's good run a small print every couple days to keep your nozzles clean.

4. biggieg

biggieg Member

May 20, 2008
    Texas
    The longest mine sat idel was durring Huricane Ike. It sat for 12 days with no power and we didn't have any issues.

5. Dave L.

Dave L. Member

May 2, 2008
    USA
    Even with the automatic cleanings, like Mike said, It's good to run a job every three days as it keeps everything in working order.

6. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Leave the printer turned on, it will perform a light cleaning all by it's self.
    If you are gone it will do a light cleaning (usually late at night) and then return to it's sleep mode. EASY!

7. synergy_jim

synergy_jim Very Active Member

we have went a week before with no issues.