Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland vp540 test print help

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Zack Bunning, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Zack Bunning

Zack Bunning New Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Decatur, IL
    Okay so I've done several manual cleanings, multiple cleanings on the machine itself, 4 normal cleanings and a medium clean. I am still experiencing the same test print problems. What is the next step I should take in trying to resolve this issue? Thank you for your time

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Just went through this ourselves on our VP 540. It appears that you have a leak in one of the dampers - it will only get worse and if it hasn't already, it can take the black head down with it. They are pretty easy to change yourself - just be careful when removing the lines that you don't get ink everywhere. The cost of the dampers are about $60 each and there are 2 on each head. Better to change them both rather than just one. Much cheaper than the cost of a new head!

Edited to add: After you change them you have to pump ink through the lines - immediately after the change, we lost ALL the black head until we got the ink flowing again (multiple machine cleans - watch the drainage bottle!)