• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland vp540 vertical black lines

RapidPrint

Hi there,

I recently have an issue with my roland. It has started printing vertical black lines. Done a test print. Heads seem okay but black lines appear during test. Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Jay

Attachments

• 15334944346391689359445.jpg
    15334944346391689359445.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 563

player

Hi there,

I recently have an issue with my roland. It has started printing vertical black lines. Done a test print. Heads seem okay but black lines appear during test. Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Jay
That's the same thing my VP-540i started doing. I replaced the head cables (8), and the long data cables (3). I have also had other goofy issues so I am in the process of replacing the mainboard. If you find out what it is let me know. Mine would do that, or print a black bar right off the vinyl, then the colours would shift from black to yellow to magenta to cyan... Also I have the "now processing" occasionally, and when I try to print alignment tests they stop in the middle of the print and hang. I also had an issue where it said "heater too hot". All these issues come and go. I thought the long data cables fixed it, but then it got goofy again...

RapidPrint

Thanks a ton,

I ll try replacing the cables and check if that resolves the problem. I have a similar issue of now processing so I guess it is the mb which could be playing up.

Regards
Jay

player

Thanks a ton,

I ll try replacing the cables and check if that resolves the problem. I have a similar issue of now processing so I guess it is the mb which could be playing up.

Regards
Jay
The problem with the VPs is they put the head board, the main board and the network communications board all in one. Most other Rolands these are separate cards.

The now processing could also be something on your network triggering the error. I unplugged the network cable to see if it would happen without the connection, but it never did it. Today it was in the now processing mode, but the cable was plugged in so I cannot tell yet... If it does this with the new board I will be unhappy. There is a guy here that had a board repair company replace the chip only for $300 or so. I think the now processing becomes a bigger problem when the printer craps out while printing. Mine never did that yet...

When I replaced the cables the printing issues stopped, but this week I got some other new weirdness. F*ck I hate this printer.

RapidPrint

Thanks Mate,

I ll let you know once I narrow down the problem, Will be ordering the cables off aliexpress as i am in nz. Had a similar suggestion from myversacamm forum and was asked to put the cables parallel s I also have the pvc housing over the heads broken. That may be the cause for weaker connection between the heads and the print carriage board.

player

Thanks Mate,

I ll let you know once I narrow down the problem, Will be ordering the cables off aliexpress as i am in nz. Had a similar suggestion from myversacamm forum and was asked to put the cables parallel s I also have the pvc housing over the heads broken. That may be the cause for weaker connection between the heads and the print carriage board.
I don't think the cover is what keeps the head cables intact. I ran mine for some time without it while testing.