• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540 ???

kustom.printing

How long as the VP been out and how long till the next model.

Will it be like SP540 to SP540v or Sp540v to Vp540 is the Vp540i the equivalent to Sp540v.

mac_man_luke

well seeing as the vp540i just came out id say at least a few years - intelligent pass is quite an upgrade (and roland were kind enough to give it to vp540 users)

blackicefx

Also interested. Is it worth upgrading from an SP-300v to the VPi-540? Aside from the size upgrade, is the intelligent pass firmware addition worth the extra $$ or should I wait for the next physical upgrade like Shaun is referring to?

Matthew
BlackIceFX

kustom.printing

From information that I have found the Sp300 was released in 2003, in 2004 the SP540v was released.

In q4 2007 the Vp series was launched, this should mean we have at least 2 years before the next release.

The i upgrade may be the equivalent of BMW's middle model upgrade.

Please correct me if this is wrong.

If you're spending the money for a VP540i spend the additional to upgrade to the XC540....VERY well worth the money....increased speed, 6 color (or CMYK+white), comes with 3 large heaters and a heavy duty take-up system!

kustom.printing

The VP540 cost us £12600 ($20578), XC540 would cost £17500 ($28580) at £1 - $1.63.

We did not have the money, I would rather my first system be a 4 head machine, less problems - extra maintenance and warranty cost, I also only needed the quality of a 4 colour machine, anymore would have been overkill.

I saved £4900 or $8002, don't get me wrong if you could use the extra print quality which I may in the future and the heaters would come in handy, I will upgrade in the future.

Does anyone know if my time scale sounds about right with the upgrade every 4 years.

Last edited:
Your time line is about right. I agree with you on spending thrifty...make the printer earn it's keep then upgrade. It's all in how much printing and what your customer base includes. The 4 color printer is great for most applications and great print quality too.

design unfolds

HI Shaunp505050, i have been looking for new VP540i for a long time. Since the price rise early this year. I could not been able to find anything cheaper than £13750. It will be great if you don't mind messaging me where can i find it for £12600 in UK. Thanks!