• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Vp540I Streaking

tintwizz

Can someone tell me what is causing this? I was leaning toward the Encoder Strip but would like to make sure before I tear it apart and it be something else. Thanks

Attachments

• smudge.jpg
    smudge.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 107

TimToad

Is your head height up? Have you checked the area around your heads? I've seen some fuzzle around the base of the heads do something similar but not quite that extreme.

Just trying to throw out some easy things from first glance.

tintwizz

I have tried up and down and I have cleaned around all 4 of my heads and have inspected with a light and dont see any fuzzies. I am baffled.

tintwizz

Here is a Test print. Dont know what happen wasn't doing this on Friday.

Attachments

• test print.jpg
    test print.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 104

Ragnabrok

Gyuh, center of that magenta head is a huge wave, also a decent amount of missing nozzles.

thats overspray on the print, too small to be static, more likely deflection from the print head (see the wave). If that's an old head, not much to do about it.

ams

This could be an alignment issue. Another could be some nozzle heads are damaged. I've had this before, I had the printhead replaced and realigned and it fixed it.