• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland vs 300 banding on white and metallic ink

PLEASE HELP I don't know what else to do!
I purchased this printer on 06/10/20. The original owner had a new head, captop, pump, and Dampers installed on 06/01/20. She used the same Roland dealer that I use for my other equipment and I verified with the tech before making the purchase that the repairs were done and the printer was in good condition. After getting the printer installed at the new location, we could not get the white and metallic ink to print. Ordered new ink all OEM and still same issue. 8 visits and thousands of dollars later and cyan is bleeding into white ink. White ink is banding. Metallic ink is banding and both do not print on test print. Here is what was done.
visit 1: Replaced dampers. no metallic ink but white ink worked sometimes after power cleaning
visit 2: Replaced dampers, Y adapter and joint head. Still, no metallic ink, white only sometimes
visit 3: Replaced dampers, captop, and print head. Cyan ink now bleeds into white ink still no metallic
visit 4: Replaced circulating pump. Cyan bleeds into white ink. White ink sometimes. Both ink prints but with severe banding

Needless to say, I have had several concerning issues with this Tech. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All repairs were done within 1.5 month period.

Printer is VS-300

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I would suggest you call Bob @ Grafx Network - 888-335-5914. They are a tech company based in Atlanta and should be able to help you. Replacing the dampers 4 times in less than 2 months???

Joe House

Did they flush all of the old ink out or just put in new cartridges? Was the printer using OEM ink before or third party Inks? White and metallic inks are the worst as far as clogging goes and this is compounded by the fact that most people only use these colors a small fraction of the time the they think they will, so the ink tends to settle.

+
Did they flush all of the old ink out or just put in new cartridges? Was the printer using OEM ink before or third party Inks? White and metallic inks are the worst as far as clogging goes and this is compounded by the fact that most people only use these colors a small fraction of the time the they think they will, so the ink tends to settle.

Yes, the old ink was flushed out and the older ink was Roland. But. I forgot to mention something. When we got the printer installed we purchased new ink from this dealer. After multiple visits, they realized that the metallic ink could have not been working because they metallic ink they sold me expired in 2012. Afterward, they replaced the metallic ink with newer ink. When that didn't work, they replaced the head and then the pump. I am now wondering if the pump and head could have been damaged by the old ink they sold me.