• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland VS-300 feed

jocolo21

Hello i have a versacamm vs-300 thats been working great since i bought it new a few years back, but today it started acting up. it prints the crop mark rolls to start printing then it just get stuck printing over the same place.
I updated the firmware cleaned the encoder strip just like on my sp-300 reinstalled versaworks, nothing.
Any help will be much appreciated.

GTSTech_1

Do you see the printer trying to feed/advance the media? When you say it's stuck, are you saying the carriage is moving and just laying down ink on the same spot? Or is the carriage not moving and you see "now processing" on the printer LCD?

jocolo21

it will print the crop marks then moves to start printing, and then it just print over the same place over and over,the tech was here yesterday servicing my machines, new head on the vs wipers etc, but at the end of the day did the same thing again.

GTSTech_1

Shot in the dark, but have you setup a media length/ media remain? To check scroll to menu/sheet remain, right arrown, then down arrow to Sheet Remain/ Set Length. Like I said its a shot in the dark, but just confirm nobody has set a length.

Just my .02

Gabil

Gary
You need to adjust crop mark voltage “VR” settings in service menu. Recommended range 2.7V +- 0.2