• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS-300i Contour Cuts off after 30 inches

autoexebat

I've posted this question before but never really got an answer dialed in .

#1 I do contour cuts perfect fine on my Roland up to about 30 inches in length (13 mil material )

The sheets I need to print and cut ( 13 mil material ) is around 50 . If I dare to do that it goes in the trash.

So ..... I'm guessing ..... The materiel goes OFF TRACK due to the WEIGHT of the material ?

I'm hoping you will say yes to this , as my next thing would be to try to setup a small table in front of the printer and behind ... removing the weight from the rollers ?

woolly

I've posted this question before but never really got an answer dialed in .

#1 I do contour cuts perfect fine on my Roland up to about 30 inches in length (13 mil material )

The sheets I need to print and cut ( 13 mil material ) is around 50 . If I dare to do that it goes in the trash.

So ..... I'm guessing ..... The materiel goes OFF TRACK due to the WEIGHT of the material ?

I'm hoping you will say yes to this , as my next thing would be to try to setup a small table in front of the printer and behind ... removing the weight from the rollers ?

lower the cut and up speed, sharp knife, add more rollers if you can. also thicker materials do not like bending over the bed like cast types which comes back to you adding a surface each side for the material to slide on to and as you say reduces the weight problem

i did this with a graphtec for cutting mx materials consisted of a ally frame and banner material stretched over it to create the top surface front and rear plus was easily removable for normal use.worked well,
the reason for the banner was so it could be taped to the bed so no gap for the cut material to catch on

autoexebat

Thanks , I've always cut at the lowest speed I could do . Sadly I bought a brand new Summa yesterday and that's not working out at all . So hopefully I'll figure something out today.