• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS 300i , head bad so soon ?

autoexebat

I went into Service Mode and I saw my highest head shot was 3096929 , thats a far cry from 6 billion .

I need a new head due to CYAN over spray , but I found it odd that I have this issue at 3 million . I'm only into 10% of the head life .. or less ? shot count.jpg

Is the 6 billion referred to the shot count combined ?

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That actually means 3 million thousand fires. So you are actually at 3 billion fires. What kind of ink do you use? Maybe you got a bad cyan cartridge or something. Head life really comes down to how well you maintain the printer, using quality inks and plain old luck. I have seen guys who clean their printer religiously and the head dies within 3-5 years and I have seen guys who never touch their machines have heads last 10 years. The guys who maintain get better outcomes but it really does come down to luck a lot of times.

autoexebat

I do the proper cleanings as I use this out of my house and its not a FULL time deal . I use JetBest inks. I have had a few head strikes in the past . I've been dealing with this issue for well over a year .

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Since it's not full time maybe the pigments are separating from the solvents which causes the ink to be much less viscous which causes over spray. This is not something that happens a lot but in your case might be true since it doesn't get uses much. Before you go buying a head a would flush the cyan lines with cleaning solution manually with a syringe and the shake the ink cartridge to mix the ink up and then refill manually with a syringe. Then see if that helps at all. Also, if your cyan nozzle check has a lot of deflections, then that is most likely causing the issue.

autoexebat

Thanks , I will print a nozzle check and display it here .

Also , my white to gray gradient is coming out pink ( for the last year or so ) thats how I noticed the Cyan overspray .