• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VS-300i heating very slowly

tag4u

Hi
We have just got a new Roland VS-300i in addition to our SP-300v.
I noticed that just before the print starts, the machine takes a long time to heat up
Really long time. For instance, when we come in at the morning, with the ambient temperature in the room of 24C it takes about 8 minutes to heat to the print heat of 43 degrees. No AC is on in the room during that time. We dont switch on the preheat and the dryier. Just the printer heater.

Is it normal ?

thanks
in advance

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
On Mimaki printers they come from the manufacture setup for a 220V power input so if you use an American 110V plug it takes forever to heat up. I'm not sure if the Roland VS series does something similar but you can look around the power plug for a little dial that allows you to switch it to 110 or 220. It may or may not have one. Other than that, it's possible you have heater system issues but usually with heater issues it either never heats up at all (broken relay), or doesn't heat to the proper temperature (broken thermistor).

tag4u

On Mimaki printers they come from the manufacture setup for a 220V power input so if you use an American 110V plug it takes forever to heat up. I'm not sure if the Roland VS series does something similar but you can look around the power plug for a little dial that allows you to switch it to 110 or 220. It may or may not have one. Other than that, it's possible you have heater system issues but usually with heater issues it either never heats up at all (broken relay), or doesn't heat to the proper temperature (broken thermistor).
Thanks for tip !
We use 220V here but definitely will check that area just to make sure ...
Any tips how to identify other possible culprits ? I got an IR termometer and will measure the real temp today.
The printer reaches 40 degrees Celsius relatively fast and then it is stuck most of the time climbing towards the 45 degrees