• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS-300i print cut alignment

burney

Hi
so i just had a print head replaced ,prior to this the cut alignment was always absolutely perfect and only ever went out after about 2 meters but now and im convinced its print head related , i set it up perfectly ,the little black box sits exactly where it should and within 500mm of print the cut starts to go out of alignment again and its the F that is the problem it seems not the S setting.
after 500mm of print i do the test print and the black box has shifted sometimes almost 1mm.

the engineer who fitted the head was quite frankly a messy slob and didn't clean nearly as much as i would have expected (especially considering the price £££).

so question is ,could my problem be related to the head being somehow wrongly fitted?
even the test prints show a gap between passes,then i adjust it all again ,get it all perfect,run a job and it goes out again.

it almost feels like somethings not been done up,movement in the head maybe,but in was left uncleaned where the head sits,i can see old ink from a leak sitting under the black plastic surround under the head you can see when doing an manual clean and looking up.

like i said previous to this it was absolutely perfect, not its really annoying me and costing way too much time.

thanks in advance