• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Vs 540 how to reduce head movement

Twice311

Can anyone tell me how to set the printer to make sure the head only prints 30'' wide when I print on 30'' media?

Right now the head is going 54'' wide and time to print is way longer than if it would only go 30'' each pass.

Thanks,

All right Thanks!

Is it normal that Versaworks won't re-calculate the estimated printing time?

Yes, Versaworks is not looking at factors like scan width or carriage speed in estimating print time. It is a quick and dirty estimate based on area only.

guato

There are 2 pinch roller's with blue color on them.
Last and first pinch roller (with blue color) must be on media!

Custom_Grafx

Yes, Versaworks is not looking at factors like scan width or carriage speed in estimating print time. It is a quick and dirty estimate based on area only.

I'm not sure if it's a recent change, but the carriage speed seems to be allowed for. The scan... no, still not connected :(

Twice311

Ok here's what happened. I select the option ''off'' in full width scan.

Started to print, then WTF? Picture 1 ( looked like I ran out of ink)

Looking closer, the head printed all the way back to starting point even over the wiper!

So I restarted my print, then (picture 3) I got fuzzy spot (look at the yellow ''g''.

That was yesterday. The printer is brand new from last friday!

Then a few minutes ago I started to print the metallic color chart
and once again! (picture 4)

So I went back to settings. Menu-sub menu- full width scan. and changed from ''off'' to ''Sheet''.

Things seem to be good by now but still ....

How frustrating it is to pay 25 000 for a brand new printer and find out about these problems the second day of printing ....

Attachments

• prob1.jpg
    prob1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 149
  • prob2.jpg
    prob2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 131
  • prod3.jpg
    prod3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 156
  • prob4.jpg
    prob4.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 165

Custom_Grafx

Not human error.

That happened to me on my vs640 about 2 months ago. Never seen anything like it in a year and a bit, then I got 2 of those funny garbage data things in the space of 2 weeks.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but since then, there have been around 3 firmware updates. I haven't had one since those 2, so it could have been a FW bug... who knows.

What version FW are you running? You can tell by double clicking the printer graphic in VW.

Latest is 4.1.

Your VW should be 4.5.

Skye

static

it is static build up.
happened twice last month. Roland told me to turn off printer, unplug, reboot computer then turn on printer. worked perfect after.
we have had a dry winter and static is an issue here in Canada.

hope this helps

Skye

Custom_Grafx

I've noticed "static" is one of the top 10 of many rolodex options available when just about any problem is encountered.

It was not dry here when I had the exact same problem, and I am in the southern hemisphere.

I call undisclosed FW bug.