• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND VS-540I Not cutting all the way through and a weird test cut.

cma033

My VSI-540I recently has been cutting terrible. I replaced the cut strip and installed a new roland OEM 60 degree blade and it still doesn't cut all the way through the media. It just scores the top part of the media. The material is 21 mil thick , but I have never had any issues in the past. Attached is a picture of the test cut. It first cuts a line to the right , then it goes to the test cut. Which is something that I have never seen. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_0168.PNG
    IMG_0168.PNG
    4.6 MB · Views: 536

TimToad

How far out is your offset on the blade?

Could it be catching and then dragging the blade because there isn't enough gap between the tip and material?

Maybe something up in the chamber not letting the blade spin freely?

The Sign Goddess

Vinyl Slayer by trade
I have not cut material quite that thick but have run into a similar issue when the blade holder itself gums up. It would drag the blade through the material rather than it turning the correct way to cut it. Sewing machine oil in the holder worked for a while but ultimately, I replaced the holder and that rectified the issue.