• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland vs 540i replaced damper now head does not print.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Probably popped a head fuse. I can't remember which one it is on that machine but usually it's going to be fuse 1, 2 or 3 on the main board. Make sure to work with the machine unplugged and wait 15 minutes to let it discharge. Also make sure there isn't any ink on the head cables. You don't want to replace a fuse just to have it blow again.

KamaainaSigns

Probably popped a head fuse. I can't remember which one it is on that machine but usually it's going to be fuse 1, 2 or 3 on the main board. Make sure to work with the machine unplugged and wait 15 minutes to let it discharge. Also make sure there isn't any ink on the head cables. You don't want to replace a fuse just to have it blow again.
I check the 2 fuses on the main board is there another one i should check?

Scott at Roland

Does the head not fire at all or just the nozzles with the new damper assembly installed? If just the specific nozzles, I would remove the damper assembly and look inside the print head with a flashlight. It is possible that the O-Rings in the dampers popped out and are stuck on the nipples of the head manifold. If so, you can remove them with a pair of tweezers and reinsert them into the dampers. You can also look on the bottom of the damper assembly and make sure the O-Rings are still in them.

This could cause problems with just the nozzles where the dampers were replaced, but if the O-Rings are still there, it could also cause the entire assembly to not seat properly when placed back onto the print head manifold. This could cause issues with other nozzle rows as well.

KamaainaSigns

Does the head not fire at all or just the nozzles with the new damper assembly installed? If just the specific nozzles, I would remove the damper assembly and look inside the print head with a flashlight. It is possible that the O-Rings in the dampers popped out and are stuck on the nipples of the head manifold. If so, you can remove them with a pair of tweezers and reinsert them into the dampers. You can also look on the bottom of the damper assembly and make sure the O-Rings are still in them.

This could cause problems with just the nozzles where the dampers were replaced, but if the O-Rings are still there, it could also cause the entire assembly to not seat properly when placed back onto the print head manifold. This could cause issues with other nozzle rows as well.
The head does not fire at all

Scott at Roland

Ok - I would double check all cable connections between the carriage board and the print head. If the fuses are still good, it's possible that there is a cable that is slightly ajar between those two components. If you disconnected the cables from the print head when changing the damper, make sure they have all be connected in the proper spots and are seated properly.
Always make sure to unplug your printer before removing or plugging in any cables. If you just turn off the printer on the control panel, power is still being supplied to the carriage board and you may damage something.

player

Are there plastic carburetors on these heads? If so it's easy to crack them changing the dampers and then the head doesn't print.

Scott at Roland

Are there plastic carburetors on these heads? If so it's easy to crack them changing the dampers and then the head doesn't print.
This is true - but typically will only cause the color with the cracked manifold to stop working, not the entire print head. Also, this is not as common on the EcoSol configurations as it is on UV printers. But would be worth checking if nothing else is working.