• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS 640 Druckproblem

FrankSwiss

IMG20221018213054.jpg
IMG20221018213116.jpg
IMG20221018213122.jpg

Kanta

Your printhead seems to be kaputt. Not sure if there would be a way to recover it since not I'm an expert on it, but I had a printer with same type of printhead giving similar issues (not that bad mixing of ink but jets firing to sides) which I had to replace.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
First off, a VS is an old printer. Decide how much you're willing to invest in this before you get too far. Then start with the basics - Cap top, damper, wiper and wiper scraper - Go with OEM parts. Then if you still have problems, it's likely the print head, but you've already replaced the accessories that should be replaced when you do a head. This much will probably run you about $3000 - $3500 if you have a tech do it.
After that, I've seen a lot of VS printers with ink flow problems in the rest of the ink train - mostly choke valves or cartridge holders, but it could be any joint or O-ring in the system. It can be tough to track down.

Good Luck