• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS-640 / GR-640 Compatibility

dfelty

Our shop currently owns a VS-640 which we use for the majority of our print and cut jobs. We also use a GS-24 for smaller cut jobs and the VS-640 for basically anything that won't fit in the GS-24. We are getting to the point where the VS-640 is occupied too much with printing that we are getting behind with our cutting. We are in the market for a GR-640 to help pick up the slack, but Roland will not assure me that it will work with my VS-640 since it is so old. Has anyone had any success with pairing the 2 and getting good results? I'm not dumping $7k into a cutter to find out it "may" work. Are there any other options out there that will read Roland crop marks? I assumed Roland would be my best bet, but maybe not.

dfelty

Hey Gene. Thanks for the response. I assume Roland Crop Marks haven't changed at all? Still the circles with the initial crop mark having the alignment rectangle? So I see no reason why Roland would say that my machine "may" work other than the fact that they want me to upgrade to a newer printer.