• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland vs 640 print quality problem after head replace

Kaizer Chiefs

Hello
I replaced the printhead on my Roland VS640 ( CMYK Lc Lm MT W ). I am getting a problem with black. As if its putting too much of ink.
If i print a black square the cornes not straight there is ink that overflows. If i print a picture with dark colours i do not get good quality too but with light colours its ok.
Please see attached pictures.
Thank you for help.

Attachments

• image-3822695294.jpg
    image-3822695294.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 600
  • image-357862013.jpg
    image-357862013.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 348
  • image-2075657426.jpg
    image-2075657426.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 291

MerlinPrints

Hello
I replaced the printhead on my Roland VS640 ( CMYK Lc Lm MT W ). I am getting a problem with black. As if its putting too much of ink.
If i print a black square the cornes not straight there is ink that overflows. If i print a picture with dark colours i do not get good quality too but with light colours its ok.
Please see attached pictures.
Thank you for help.
Adjust the density on the black in the rip software.

kffernandez

if your profiles were working perfectly before, it should work perfectly as well afterwards. check your heat.

kelly

Kaizer Chiefs

Hello thanks for reply
Heat is heater 40 and Dryer 45 and i am using same media and media profile.
I will try adjust the black in the versaworks, what i dont understand is why before head replace it was not doing such problem.

kffernandez

it really looks like the media being unable to take in the ink that's being dropped on it. in cases like these, i always assume that the hardware is good. [assuming you did the head installation properly]

this means that i'd look at ink, media and heat first. other than that, it'd be a far chance that you got a bad head?

sorry, this is as much as i can help you with. hope things turn out well.

kelly

DRamm76

What type of media is it? What brand?
You changed the head yourself? Or did a technician do it for you?
Does this happen with all files or just this particular file?
Is it Roland ink?

Wiggum PI

looks like all the inks are flooding, more heat, or top layer(on uncovered roll) of vinyl?

Edit: what kelly said...

Kaizer Chiefs

Hello all
Thanks a lot for replies

Yes i inputted the rank and did all the adjustments stated in the service manual for head replacement. I am a technician.
The ink is roland original and the media is avery. The heater is set to 40 / 45.
I tried with different files but i get the same problem. I noticed that with files where there are light colours i dont get this problem.
I am starting suspecting the dampers.

Kaizer Chiefs

The head arrived to end of life for black and magenta. i was getting missing nozzles on metallic. The machine did not print metallic for long period.i tried several cleaning still nozzles were not recoverable.

Precision : the head was bought from Roland so its original.

Kaizer Chiefs

Hello
I finally repaired the machine.The problem was with the ink.I tried all the possibilities but could not sort out the problem.Finally the only possiblity was the ink.I replaced the ink cart did several powerful cleaning.
Print is now perfect.

Thank you all for support