• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland vs 640 wont read crop marks

mackasigns

hi i have a roland vs-640 and i have just brought a roland gr 540 cutter. the problem is that the cutter wont read the crop marks from the printer and the vs-640 wont go into veraworks 6. apparently i need the newer model vs-640i to do this.
got the cutter in there but it wont put the vs-640 in there. does anyboby have any ideas on how to get around this? i know you can set the crop marks manually., but takes a few minutes i'm told. any help would be much appreciated. cheers.

The Duke

an old trick is to cut the crop marks (in my case its a circle) out of black vinyl and place it on top of the printed one. Sometimes the laser is affected by the laminate. Hope i undertsood your issue correctly lol

The only difference (as far as i know) between the 640 and 640i is the intelligent pass. easier on the banding when printing. I have a VP-540 and that one doesn't work with versa 6. Has to be an older version of Versa.

mackasigns

an old trick is to cut the crop marks (in my case its a circle) out of black vinyl and place it on top of the printed one. Sometimes the laser is affected by the laminate. Hope i undertsood your issue correctly lol

The only difference (as far as i know) between the 640 and 640i is the intelligent pass. easier on the banding when printing. I have a VP-540 and that one doesn't work with versa 6. Has to be an older version of Versa.

mackasigns

Hi thanks for reply yes when i printed the graphic with the crop marks (without laminate) on the vs-640 i put it into the gr540 cutter to read the crop marks but it wont do it. as you say the vs-640 and the vs-640i are indentical, so idont know why it wont read the marks. it wont even try to read then nothing happens. the tech guy told me that i have to have versaworks 6 which i have got with the gr540 installed on it, but it wont let me put the vs-640 in there

mackasigns

Versaworks 6 doesn't support the VS-640.
But it supports the VS-640i, because it's a newer model.
thanks for reply, yer i thought that would be the case. wish there as some way around it without having to buy a whole new printer. the tech guy told me the only way is to manually do the crop marks. sounds like a pain in the arse.