Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland VS Cyan overspray (FIXED) Thanks Jim Hancock

Discussion in 'Roland' started by autoexebat, Apr 17, 2020.

1. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    I posted a few weeks back about my cyan over-spray and my gray to white gradients coming out pink. Jim Hancock reached out to me and helped me more than anyone could ever imagine , I called him and he called me right back and we spoke probably a good hour total time on the phone. He was spot on with every question I asked , Never was he a rush to get off the phone with me, Help like this is unheard of these days . I have been a member of this forum for over 10 years and have only been harassed by one guy.

It's you want honest help and straight forward answers , you need to contact him and he will do everything in his power to help you. If you ask for help be nice and send him a few bucks , he deserves it.

End result , my print head was back even after a perfect nozzle check . Jim knew right from the start what my issues was , Others said dampers , profile and other issues . Jim said print head . Thanks to him I am able to do my orders today .

Thanks a million Jim , I hope to meet you when you're in my area.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Are you going to tell us what the problem was and how it was fixed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    The problem was a bad cyan channel on the print head causing overspray. New head, good to go...

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. okeesignguy

okeesignguy Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Okeechobee, Florida
    Jim is awesome....Hey there Jim! He was a HUGE help to me to get back up and running :)

5. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    I can list some more details when I get some more free time. I got lucky and got this new head as I was able to sell my old one for $950.00. Quite a few guys here jumped on my case saying it was worth $0.00 - $601.00 but the issue I had wasn't as bad as I made it sound.

6. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    I thought you a
    Who in the world would buy a used head for $950, especially one that had an issue? Did you tell them?

7. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    Sure did , spoke with the guy on the phone and I shipped it overnight to NY , contacted him today and he is happy .

8. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

Did you use any aftermarket damper or cap top? I would be surprised any of the above worked. I always use original on these two parts.

9. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    Yes at the time everything was OEM .