• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS not Testprint

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Please post a pic showing the gap between the printhead and the platen. I need to see if the printhead surface is parallel to the platen. Also, the printhead has a front and back, with F marked on the front circuit board and R marked on the rear circuit board. Is it in the carriage in the correct orientation?

FrankSwiss

Yes, the print head is correctly positioned with F on the front and R on the back. Here is a photo of the print head below

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_230831.jpg
    IMG_20201220_230831.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 88

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I saw that photo before. That's not what I need to see. Position the print head in the middle of the printer. Take a picture showing the space between the print head and the platen.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Frank,

See attached sketch.

To you designers out there, be kind. I'm not a designer, I just make sure what you design can be printed...

Attachments

• Print head gap.jpg
    Print head gap.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 74

FrankSwiss

I have ordered a new printhead, which we will take 2-3 weeks for sure to arrive. I had the feeling the head had an electronic problem. Will contact me or inform me at a later date. Many Thanks