• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland - VS Print & Cut (CMYK + White + Metallic)

SOA

I have one, its awesome.slow....yes depending on what your doing.it kicked out 5m in 2hrs this morning at 1550mm.

print quality is unmatchable in my opinion, does depend on the file tho. its great for gradients!

TCBinaflash

I have one, its awesome.slow....yes depending on what your doing.it kicked out 5m in 2hrs this morning at 1550mm.

print quality is unmatchable in my opinion, does depend on the file tho. its great for gradients!

Don't forget solids!

artbot

@encadtech.

not sure if that's entirely accurate about the "ink in the head" issue. the ink can easily be flushed out of any head, silver, white, black, etc. it is more true that those more heavily pigmented colors can plaque up your lines with insoluble sediment structures.

encadtech

artbot - My tech that services my gear is pretty good. I have been doing this for 12 years. I have run Mutohs, Encads, and Seikos. I was told that the metallics won't flush to the point where you would want to switch back to the CYMK. Supply lines and head change would be necessary. I can only relay the info I was given - haven't personally switched between the 2.

SOA

It doesn't have to run uni-direction to print metallic.it works bi-directional, you can also print cmyk Mt & Wh all at the same time,its freaky to watch,I did it withsome window decals that had to be backed white with metallic ink in the middle. The capping stations are crap tho,had to give it some aggresive cleans a couple of times,our was installed in May.