• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS540 printer Errorerror code 0040 error code 0010 0010

dgpartsmall

As soon as I turn the printer on it goes to start up and immediately goes to ‘scan motor error code 0010 0010’.
• I’ve cleaned the encoder strip a few times to remove any debris that may be relating to the issue, but had no effect.
• I re-greased the track in case it wasn’t moving properly, no effect.
• I did a few limit initialisations to no effect, however now I cannot do this as it goes straight to the error.
• looked to see if there were small pieces of media causing a jam, but couldn’t find anything.
• I also did a linear encoder calibration before it stopped working and it complete successfully, however no I cannot do this anymore because I receive the error message right away. As soon as I turn the printer on it goes to start up and immediately goes to ‘scan motor error code 0010 0010’.
• I’ve cleaned the encoder strip a few times to remove any debris that may be relating to the issue, but had no effect.
• I re-greased the track in case it wasn’t moving properly, no effect.
• I did a few limit initialisations to no effect, however now I cannot do this as it goes straight to the error.
• looked to see if there were small pieces of media causing a jam, but couldn’t find anything.
• I also did a linear encoder calibration before it stopped working and it complete successfully, however no I cannot do this anymore because I receive the error message right away.

I already replaced encoder strip, encoder sensor, still have the error code.

Anyone can give me some advice will be appreciated.

thanks

karen

Dragos_RO

0010 Scan Motor Deviation Error
0040 Scan Motor Overcurrent Error 1 (Big load is put on the motor movement instantaneously.)

It's not related to the encoder stripe it's a mecanical or electrical problem related to the scan motor.

Dragos_RO

Mechanical Issue
1. There is a bad contact/cut-line in the cable.
2. Drive wire attachment screw on cutter carriage is loose.
3. Low wire tension.
4. High scan motor hours. How many hours does it have? At 1500 hours you have to change it.
5. Bad or burned IC's on servo board

Action
1. Check belt tension
2. Manually move cutter and print carriage check for obstructions on the linear rail or specific resistance.
3. Check y motor mounting screws, and wire condition.
4. Check y motor and y encoder cable connections.
5. Replace scan motor first then maybe servo board.

Consider to call a tech.

dgpartsmall

Roland VS540 ERROR0010

Thank you for your professional guidance, i will check them.

karen

Mechanical Issue
1. There is a bad contact/cut-line in the cable.
2. Drive wire attachment screw on cutter carriage is loose.
3. Low wire tension.
4. High scan motor hours. How many hours does it have? At 1500 hours you have to change it.
5. Bad or burned IC's on servo board

Action
1. Check belt tension
2. Manually move cutter and print carriage check for obstructions on the linear rail or specific resistance.
3. Check y motor mounting screws, and wire condition.
4. Check y motor and y encoder cable connections.
5. Replace scan motor first then maybe servo board.

Consider to call a tech.

dgpartsmall

Roland VS540 ERROR0010

Thank you !

0010 Scan Motor Deviation Error
0040 Scan Motor Overcurrent Error 1 (Big load is put on the motor movement instantaneously.)

It's not related to the encoder stripe it's a mecanical or electrical problem related to the scan motor.