• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS540I Issues - Strange

JP4

Roland VS540I 4 years old. Everything works great except....
1. show up in the morning and hear a alarm going off. The Service Error and the head is detached from the capping station. I restart and turn back on and it returns to station wit no further issue. This has happened (4) times over the month.

2. Randomly shuts off. I noticed a few times that the blue light is not flashing. I hit the power button and it turns back on with no other issues...this happened a few time over the past month as well. this only has happend while sitting idel not during operation

Any ideas what this could be?

~JP

JP4

Service Code 00109
aLmost seems like the it getting stuck on the wiper/felt mechanism.
`JP

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Service Code 00109
aLmost seems like the it getting stuck on the wiper/felt mechanism.
`JP

0109 is a wiper sensor error. Basically the machine tells the wiper to move and it never receives a signal back saying it made it to it's destination. Either the wiper is jamming or the sensor is malfunctioning. That would explain why it only happens when it's idle because it goes to do a cleaning cycle and fails.