• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS640 Print Head

Jimsee

Hey Guys, have a problem with our VS640 and need some help.

We had a new head installed in Dec 2013 and it has been running perfectly, all nozzle is firing in full. Up until this morning, my operator comes in and set up media to print, the machine head comes out to detect the media width and there we have pool of magenta and cyan laying everywhere....clean the head, change a new cap top and felt, did a test print, all nozzle is good, and it drips ink everywhere on the 4th pass of printing....

Obviously, calling our service tech and he said the head is crack and must have a head strike etc....I mean, how does Roland guarantee their head is 100% perfect and that is always head strike that causes the problem....Is there warranty of the head of now on the 7th months. We have been really careful on setting things up when printing etc because we know the head is expensive, and I'm pretty sure we did not have any major head strike etc in the past 7 months....

Lastly, where is the best place to buy new dependable head instead of going through our dealer paying $2500+ Labour, and have to wait for 3 days....

20140714_102031_resized.jpg 20140714_101926_resized.jpg

CompleteHavoc

This printer is all trouble... My vs-640 is not printing at all, Sign Outlet Store in IL spent a few hours trying to get it to work, with no success. If you do need a new head, can you send me the old one so I can test with it?

Sign Outlet Store is not sure it's the head, but it's not refundable if it doesn't fix the issue.

Otherwise, do share if you find a vendor for the head...