Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Roland VS640

Discussion in 'Roland' started by MP Custom, Sep 23, 2018.

1. MP Custom

MP Custom Member

Hi All.
    I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid Question..
    How do I tell what type of printhead is in my printer? A DX5 or DX7?
    Also. Can anyone explain why only one colour would be affected if the print head is faulty. Every colour but Black prints perfectly. And from what I can see. The Black seems to be coming from the right of centre of the print head. Surely if the head was damaged.. IE: from a head strike, It would be the Left colours affected?
    I would Love to get some info. Or even a link to explain how these printheads work.
    This printer is my lifeline. I just want to know as much about it as I can.. ( Yes.. Waaaaayy out of warranty)
    I am just trying to figure out why my black is so crap. Only half the nozzles firing.
    Thank you in advance!
    Will post another test print. After a 12 hour head soak and a print job.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    DX7 in VS series. Are you using 3rd party ink? I know someone who prints day and night and he needs to change PH every 2 year.

3. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Are you pulling the cleaning solutions thru with a syringe after the soak?

4. SlikGRFX

SlikGRFX Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Sweden
    Have you replaced the cap top? We normally replace the captop and wipers every 4 months. How old is the printer/head? The black always fails first on our VS series printers, purely because we print 100x more black than any other colour during the life of the head.

The other colours are better but you have a few deflecting/missing droplets there too. I'd replace the head.

5. MP Custom

MP Custom Member

Hi Mate . Always only Roland ink

6. MP Custom

MP Custom Member

I am not sure how to do that. Could you elaborate for me?

7. MP Custom

MP Custom Member

Cheers Mate. Captop and Dampers replaced 6 weeks ago With the wiper and felt. I just did an Ink renewal. And got the black back a bit better