• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS640I off track

icex

Printed a 40' banner today. Pulled a bunch out straight and left alot of slack and kept pulling slack so that it woulden't pull and wrinkle the material. The machine got to the last 15 or so feet of the banner and began pulling it to the right, 5ft later it pulled out from under the wheel and through a motor error. I went ahead and printed the last 10 foot and figure we'll just weld/hem it together and it will be ok.

Is there any reason it off tracked so much? I left 2" on each side of the roller (54' material) and had it straight on the take up wheel..

player

I don't think you can let the printer pull banner material off the roll. You need to have it hanging off the back.

Also you may need to use more pinch rollers if your Roland has that feature. Just the 2 on the ends might not be enough.

icex

What was the vacuum power set at? Were you using the Take Up System at all?

Yes, we used the take up system.

The vaccum power was on high.

We pulled slack off the banner material, the machine never pulled it from the roll itself.

We also used all pinch rollers to hold the material.