• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland XC-540 Blown Fuses - Ribbon Cable sparked and smoked!

Signturesigns

Ok, I've taken pictures of where I am so far.
I've had my headboard serviced by a tech and he put in 2 new transistors and 2 new fuses.
When I got my headboard back before I installed it back in I noticed some of my ribbon cables were crossed... 2 were in the wrong connector port. So before I did anything I switched them to the correct place. Then I installed headboard, plugged in the printer and turned the power on. As the machine buffered up I noticed a spark in bank A cyan ribbon cable (the one that I switched to the correct port) and then followed by smoke. I immediately shut off the printer then I tested all the fuses ALL were ok except for fuse the last fuse (f3). When I removed the bank 1 cyan ribbon cable I noticed it burnt the tip of the cable and also the base connector port lost like 2 teeth or prongs. Is there a way I can purchase just that connector part or do I need to buy a new printhead entirely. Also what would have caused the bank cyan ribbon cable to blow like that? Maybe I have the ribbon cables connected incorrectly? Does anyone have a diagram of how the ribbon cables should follow down and connect to the print heads? Just trying to see what would have caused it to spark like that.

I do have more fuses on hand I could try but maybe should address the blown teeth on the connector port

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.05.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.05.11 PM.png
    969.4 KB · Views: 794
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.03.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.03.37 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 369
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.05.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.05.11 PM.png
    969.4 KB · Views: 244

ProPDF

Ok, I've taken pictures of where I am so far.
I've had my headboard serviced by a tech and he put in 2 new transistors and 2 new fuses.
When I got my headboard back before I installed it back in I noticed some of my ribbon cables were crossed... 2 were in the wrong connector port. So before I did anything I switched them to the correct place. Then I installed headboard, plugged in the printer and turned the power on. As the machine buffered up I noticed a spark in bank A cyan ribbon cable (the one that I switched to the correct port) and then followed by smoke. I immediately shut off the printer then I tested all the fuses ALL were ok except for fuse the last fuse (f3). When I removed the bank 1 cyan ribbon cable I noticed it burnt the tip of the cable and also the base connector port lost like 2 teeth or prongs. Is there a way I can purchase just that connector part or do I need to buy a new printhead entirely. Also what would have caused the bank cyan ribbon cable to blow like that? Maybe I have the ribbon cables connected incorrectly? Does anyone have a diagram of how the ribbon cables should follow down and connect to the print heads? Just trying to see what would have caused it to spark like that.

I do have more fuses on hand I could try but maybe should address the blown teeth on the connector port

I have seen your post and I believe replied to a one or more of them. My question is why don't you just hire an actual Roland tech so you can get to making money instead of buying an ohm meter, having a radio shack replace board transistors and keep going in this loop with these problems that keep popping up? I am not trying to be rude, but if you are doing this to try and save money don't you think you have lost more money then you would have saved on the other end by being down for so long? Just trying to be logical here, the forum is a great resource and I do believe in getting things done yourself cheaper when needed BUT there is also a time to draw a line in the sand and hand it to the professional. Good luck with everything!

Signturesigns

I have seen your post and I believe replied to a one or more of them. My question is why don't you just hire an actual Roland tech so you can get to making money instead of buying an ohm meter, having a radio shack replace board transistors and keep going in this loop with these problems that keep popping up? I am not trying to be rude, but if you are doing this to try and save money don't you think you have lost more money then you would have saved on the other end by being down for so long? Just trying to be logical here, the forum is a great resource and I do believe in getting things done yourself cheaper when needed BUT there is also a time to draw a line in the sand and hand it to the professional. Good luck with everything!
thank you so much! I appreciate your response! not rude at all I'm pretty much closed in on getting her back up and running!