• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland xc 540 can't get A to print

jackrowe2010

Hello need a little help here. When I do my test prints I don't get anything out of A I have switched the cables from B to A and the colors come out so it is not the head I replaced the cables for A and still nothing I even got the print head board worked on which needed a new transistor and a couple of fuses does anyone know where the problem could be I am thinking a cable problem internally

FrankW

The Fuses for the heads arent on the board on the carriage, they are on the head board below the black cover at the rear of the printer. I had such issues several times (I'm a technician), but NEVER had internal cable problems. Fortunately, the XC-fuses are not soldered, so you can change one to another to test.

Papajo

Most of the time if a fuse is blown on the head board this means you have a shortcut into one of the heads of the A group due to ink leakage on the circuits inside the head (often following a shock on one head or due to the usage of third party inks). You have to determine which head is the problem. If a transistor is blown it will tell you which one of the heads is dead. You have 6 rows of transistors on the board corresponding to the 6 heads. If the blown one is on the first row then head 1 is dead, if it's on the second...

If all the transistors are OK then you just replace the fuse and plug the heads of group A one by one and try until the fuse blows again (don't forget to isolate the flying head wires before pluging the machine on again).

Also if a transistor is blown there can be other components blown like chip resistors around the transistors. Most of the time it's a good idea to replace the head board given that you spotted the faulty head first.