• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland XC 540 CMYKLmLc

Scotty73

I need some help here please, before I go insane. I've purchased a Roland XC 540 about a year ago. I've put some money into it to get it up and running and into production. I've installed new heads, new capping station, new dampers, new ink pumps, pretty much every consumable that I could replace. I've done all the updates that I can see possible. Versaworks is totally up to date, and the XC 540 is at version 4.60 for firmware. The issue I am having is when I do a test print off the XC 540 it shows A as C and M, B as Y and K, C shows absolutely nothing at all. I've looked through some of the previous owners test prints in materials that I received with the XC 540, and he actually has C showing Lm and Lc. What am I missing? There has to be a simple solution to this issue.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A fuse on the head board has blown. Each group is protected by 1 fuse so if the fuse blows the whole group fails. You will need to solder a new one on or have someone do it for you. You will want to double check all of the cables before replacing the fuse to make sure it wasn't one of them that blew it in the first place.

Scotty73

After a quick continuity check, I can confirm that you are absolutely correct. Fortunately enough though, I seem to have fuse holder blocks in which the blown fuse can simply be popped out and the new fuse popped back in. I've also closely examined the cables and can see no damage anywhere, or anything that would give cause for concern. Thank you very much for your help VanderJ

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
After a quick continuity check, I can confirm that you are absolutely correct. Fortunately enough though, I seem to have fuse holder blocks in which the blown fuse can simply be popped out and the new fuse popped back in. I've also closely examined the cables and can see no damage anywhere, or anything that would give cause for concern. Thank you very much for your help VanderJ

No problem! Some people get lucky and have the newer style boards with the fuse holders. Almost all of the newer models do it this way now.

Scotty73

I am once again requiring your knowledge VanderJ. After inspecting the 36 pin cables, I changed the blown fuse and it immediately blew again. I have since replaced all 6 of the 36 pin cables and installed a new fuse again. It also immediately blew again. Any thoughts as to why it would do that?

Joe House

Unplug the ribbon cables from the head board, replace the fuse and turn it on. Then turn it off and check the fuse, if it is still good, your problem is in the cables, the carriage board or one of the heads. Plug components in, one at a time till the fuse blows and you'll find your problem.

Hey Scotty73,

The team above has provided some great suggestions and it's good to know you're on the right track in looking for an electrical short in the system. We suspect you'll trace the problem and replace the offending part(s). If you get stuck and need extra assistance directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Scotty73

Just wanted to thank and update everybody on the issue here. After some extensive bench testing, I had discovered that one of my C4131 resistors on the C heads section of my Head Board was bad. I soldered a new one into place, installed a new 3.14 A fuse, then did a test print. Bingo, we have all 6 colours printing again. Thanks again guys!