• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 Cutter Not Reading Registration

sean_congleton

Our Roland XC-540 is not correctly reading the cut registration to die cut graphics. I am thinking it might be something to the effect of a dirty or misadjusted eye. (We had this problem once before however the GA that assisted has relocated.)

Victor

When you do a manual head clean, use a swab with alcohol to clean off the eye.
Seemed to work.
Over time/use the over spray seems to collect on the eye.

DRamm76

Send the printheads to right as if you were going to clean the heads..get an air duster and lightly blow it up near the lens to loosen up and particles. From there clean with alcohol and swab. No q-tips

idsignsil

I have found that with our XC-540 if the outside pinch rollers are not in the same spot as when the vinyl was printed, my cut lines are off. Anywhere from 1/16 up to 1/2 depending on the job. I don't know why, it just is. So I put a piece of tape above the outside pinch rollers so I know where to line them up if they get moved.

splizaat

DO NOT hit the button in versaworks that reads the width of the media between printing and cutting. Doing so will mess the cut up completely. Also, are you sure there's enough LIGHT for the eye to read the dots? We shine a flashlight onto the vinyl while it's reading dots and it helps to read the registration. Two possibilities.