Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland XC-540 cutting error

Discussion in 'Labels and Decals' started by E Coloney, Aug 12, 2019.

1. E Coloney

E Coloney Member

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Using print and cut later as opposed to print and cut (now). Cut contour is off by 2+ mm but checks out fine when calibrating it. I just don't get it. Help!!

Tags:
  2. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    How are you calibrating it?

3. MBO_1

MBO_1 New Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Belgium
    TIP

A/I always put 3 horizontal lines (i use the lines on the front of the machine where the vnyl is on) on both sides with a pen before i start printing.
    Afterwards when i put the vinyl back in the printer I make sure the lines match, so i am certain that the vinyl is in the same position as it was when starting printing.
    Then i positon the cuthead to the mark genereated by the software.
    When doing so this has helped me in cutting afterwards.

B/ Only adjust in the job in the ripsoftware from print to cut (do not change any other settings. So do not touch button Get Media Width or any other buttons).

4. E Coloney

E Coloney Member

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Calibrate using Roland Service Notes for XC-540 (number at bottom: 70031-14), section 4-10 Crop-Cut Adjustment. This is pretty much spot on but when I use the print/cut with crop marks on an actual project the cut is more than 2mm skewed.
    Appreciate your reply.

5. E Coloney

E Coloney Member

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Is there any other reply/input?