• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 error code

mark in tx

My XC540 threw up an error code that isnt in the "book"
Internal error 1822326

This happened when the printer could not find cropmarks, havent had this error before.

mark in tx

Tech manual, and everything was set up and running.

The machine went to read the crop marks, but instead of reading the front 2 marks, it went from the base crop mark to the rear crop mark, started beeping and threw up that error code.

I wrote down the code, did a complete shut down and restart of the machine, and the RIP.
I actually sent that file over to my other machine and and did the contour cut there.
The next file I sent to the machine (XC540) worked perfectly.
This is the 3rd time it has happened in the span of about a month, but it never happened before in 3 years of having the machine.

CS-SignSupply

Similar issue with an XC540 in our area turned out to be data being corrupted by a processor on the mainboard and passing bad data to the servo board. Always when using crop marks... read the first one, sometimes find an imaginary mark and then shoot to the end of the file, read the fourth mark and then cut all data in a crunched up version. Messy

Hopefully this is not the case as the mainboard is expensive.

mark in tx

I hope its not the mainboard!

I might just shut it down, uncover everything and blow out the dust and then reseat all the connectors. Sometimes that fixes ghost in the machine issues.