• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 print head manifold question

feckmo

Hi All,

Got a situation and a question. While printing on my XC-540 this morning, one side of the cyan print head went bye-bye. And I mean totally gone. By way of troubleshooting, I changed the cap-top and dampers (both) with no luck.

When I try pulling with a syringe, I'm hearing a bit of "hissing" from what sounds like the print head area. I also hand-cleaned the heads a couple times (before and after using the syringe), and an exorbitant amount of cyan ink was on the swab each time. I could never seem to get that head completely clean.

Daily test prints up to yesterday were spot-on. No deflected or blocked nozzles to speak of.

My question is: does this sound like a manifold issue or something (*gulp*) bigger...like the head itself? If the manifold is the next logical thing to change, is it a simple process that a hack like me could perform, or does it involve removing the print head, recalibration, etc? Also, are there any good sources for them? I tried Supply 55 but haven't gotten a response.

Many thanks in advance!

--Jim.

bachaar

hi jim
i was fall in this problem
you can check the black piece that it on the head it 's fixed with two screw in the head see it here [URL="http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/Head-adapter-for-Epson-DX4-printhead-p14071.] maby this piece broke when you changed the dumper or check the cable card
good luck friend

Robert M

Damper

My guess would be one of the dampers has a hole in it or the o ring under the nut is missing or bad

feckmo

So, it turns out it was the head. Bummer, but I replaced it myself and it wasn't the end of the world. I actually kind of enjoyed it and now that I know how to do it, I replaced the black head, too. :)

Quick thing, I got a tip from a helpful tech who said that because of the location (first bank on the first head), he could almost guarantee that it was the head itself. Reason being when you have a head strike, that's 99% of the time the head that takes the full force of the hit. I did have a bad one a few weeks ago (unattended printing, end of the roll, major crash), and that must have been the beginning of the end for that head.

--Jim.