• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC 540 Printing Issues

I have a Roland XC540 that we purchased used knowing it needed new heads. I went through and replaced all 6 heads, dampers and cap tops. I was able to print fine and the machine was working. Started throwing errors when cutting so I spoke to a tech and he had me clean and flip the encoder strip which solved that problem. My test prints were spotty but all colors were coming through. I would have to pull the ink with a syringe often as the lines wouldn't stay full for some reason. Now all of a sudden I am only getting the yellow color to fire on the test prints. I was told it was probably the head board and/or cables. I have since replaced all of that. Now when I turn the machine on it asks me to select the ink type and then says "cancelled for motor protection."

I am at a point where I just do not know where to go from here and the nearest roland authorized tech doesn't really want to make the travel but would rather just sell me a new machine! I am in an area where there is no one that can help. I have replaced so much and we have bought so many new parts that I don't want to just junk it at this time.

Can anyone help??

shoxite

Hi Stephanie, did you get your issues resolved?

Hello,

I am getting the same exact message when I turn the machine on it asks me to select the ink type and then says "cancelled for motor protection." I have a CMYKLcLm Dual setup. Can you please let me know which to choose? Completely inconvenient.

Thank you,
Eddie

shoxite

I have a Roland XC540 that we purchased used knowing it needed new heads. I went through and replaced all 6 heads, dampers and cap tops. I was able to print fine and the machine was working. Started throwing errors when cutting so I spoke to a tech and he had me clean and flip the encoder strip which solved that problem. My test prints were spotty but all colors were coming through. I would have to pull the ink with a syringe often as the lines wouldn't stay full for some reason. Now all of a sudden I am only getting the yellow color to fire on the test prints. I was told it was probably the head board and/or cables. I have since replaced all of that. Now when I turn the machine on it asks me to select the ink type and then says "cancelled for motor protection."

I am at a point where I just do not know where to go from here and the nearest roland authorized tech doesn't really want to make the travel but would rather just sell me a new machine! I am in an area where there is no one that can help. I have replaced so much and we have bought so many new parts that I don't want to just junk it at this time.

Can anyone help??
Hello Stephanie,

I am getting the same exact message on the same XC-540 model. Just purchased it 2 weeks ago and spent a fortune too. If you have a solution for that message you are getting with "select ink type", let me know. I will do the same.

Thank you,
Eddie

C5 Service&Repair

I would guess that whoever you bought the machine from did a pump up and removed the ink from the machine, which also removed it from its memory. So the machine doesnt know what ink type is installed. When you're just choosing a type from user mode, the pumps are protected to only run for so long before shutting down so the end users cannot burn up the pumps or ruin the heads.

shoxite

I would guess that whoever you bought the machine from did a pump up and removed the ink from the machine, which also removed it from its memory. So the machine doesnt know what ink type is installed. When you're just choosing a type from user mode, the pumps are protected to only run for so long before shutting down so the end users cannot burn up the pumps or ruin the heads.

Just contacted Roland and they said you need to reset the printer in service mode. I know how to get into service mode, but do not know which option resets the printer. Any help would be great!

Thank you,
Eddie