• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 Printing with white ink?

Craz

Hello,

I got pulled into project which involves some equipment upgrades for my company's sign shop. We recently bought a roland XC-540, which we haven't hooked up yet. We are looking to migrate to flexisign but our vendor that sold us the Roland says we can't print with the white ink through flexisign and that we would have to import the file into illustrator, then into versaworks for rip and print.

Can anyone tell me if white ink can be used with flexisign?

Craz

The thing is we are going to be migrating from Gerber Omega 2.6.1 and we need flexi to be able to open up the plot files that were created within gerber. So we need Flexisign. The problem I'm hearing, from my vendor, is that if the job gets sent to print from Flexisign, it will not print the white. I sent an email to SA international asking this question but no answer so far.

cgsigns_jamie

You can use Flexi to setup your files then use VersaWorks to rip and print. That's what I do but I don't have the white ink option on my XC. You may not hear from SAi for a while as they are currently moving to a new location, I believe they should be all set up soon.

cgsigns_jamie

I've been using both Flexi and Illustrator for some time now and each application has it's strengths. There are many things one program can do better than the other, to call Flexi a waste is not an accurate statement.

cgsigns_jamie

Can you create dimensions or draw in scale without the use of an extra plug-in?
Can you make a contour cut path around a complex drawing with one click?
Can you run your plotter/printer without the use of extra software or plug-ins?
I could go on... I agree to disagree.

Craz

Thanks for all your input, I appreciate it.

One last question, is there something that illustrator can do that Flexisign can't?