• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC 540 Pro III print head wiring order...

stickasteve

Hello all,

Is there someone out there who could possibly offer their knowledge on the wiring sequence / order of the print head ribbon cables to the carriage board?

A:

Cyan – left slot connects to rear slot on the board (power cord side of the printer)

Cyan – right slot connects to 3rd from rear

Magenta – left slot connects to second from the front

Magenta – right slot connects to the front slot (take up side of the printer)

B:

Yellow – left slot connects to rear slot on the board (power cord side of the printer)

Yellow – right slot connects to 3rd from rear

Black – left slot connects to second from the front

Black – right slot connects to the front slot (take up side of the printer)

C:

Light magenta – left slot connects to rear slot on the board (power cord side of the printer)

Light magenta – right slot connects to 3rd from rear

Light cyan – left slot connects to second from the front

Light cyan – right slot connects to the front slot (take up side of the printer)

Thank you to all those who may be able to help.

E Coloney

I have an XC-540 and thought I understood the question, looking for wiring order, but then it looks like you answer the question...

stickasteve

IE Coloney...

I was hoping I had it written out correctly. I had crossed the wires in the past, and just wanted to make sure I saved myself some unforseen headaches. Is that the order?

stickasteve

Ok... I wanted to make an update... The post above was just an example of the wiring order. The service manual for the Roland XC-540 doesn't tell this piece of information (that I could see). Can anyone weigh in on this information so anyone who owns a Pro III who takes all the ribbon cables off at the same time can hook them up correctly?

Attachments

• Roland xc540 print head ribbon cable order drawing.jpg
    Roland xc540 print head ribbon cable order drawing.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 174

E Coloney

Were you able to complete this project based on the photos I sent? Looks like my reply here has been removed.

Eric