• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 will not sheet cut

AIGJIM

Hello, My XC540 will not do a sheet cut. I have changed the blade, pressed the spring back to see if that was jammed. Cutter goes all the way to left and comes back like it is cutting but for some reason isnt. How is blade supposed to stay in down position for cutting? Wonder if i am missing a part or something. the silver looking thing that sticks out, pushes the blade down into the cutting posistion but seems like it wont stay there.

CS-SignSupply

Blade not in the correct position in the holder, no blade (fallen out)?

Power the machine down and uplug it. Then manually move the cut head assembly to the far left and Engage the sheet cut mechanism. Them move slowly to the right and see if the blade stays down.

Could be something wrong with the mechanism/spring, or it could be slightly bent and out of the track or you may need to do the LIMIT CUT DOWN POSITION procedure.

AIGJIM

Fixed

Thanks! I powered down and ran it to the left saw the cutting mechanism was out of track(bent) So a little tweek and back working!

IvanDD

Blade not in the correct position in the holder, no blade (fallen out)?

Power the machine down and uplug it. Then manually move the cut head assembly to the far left and Engage the sheet cut mechanism. Them move slowly to the right and see if the blade stays down.

Could be something wrong with the mechanism/spring, or it could be slightly bent and out of the track or you may need to do the LIMIT CUT DOWN POSITION procedure.

after i move the head over to lock the blade in the down position, how do i get the blade to pop back up into the up position?