• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland xc540 cutter settings

mitsfreak12

Desperately seeking tech advise. We recently acquired a used XC540. Prints great enough for our needs. However we seemed can't get the right settings to make a decent cut. First of all, the blade is new. So to be clear I'll summarize our obstacles below

Media = IJ180 3M laminated with gloss white (laminate is the paired product for this for vehicle wrap)
Its just a simple vinyl cut and either the blade is too deep or not enough and or the vinyl is too soft.

Anyone knows the proper settings? Thanks in advance

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
For us with IJ180/8518:

attachment.php

Make sure your blade point is just barely peeking out of the blade holder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 9.45.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 9.45.17 PM.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 158

mitsfreak12

adjusted the blade physically just slightly peeking on the holder. Followed the specs. It shredded the vinyl IJ180. Although this one's not laminated. Would it make any difference? thanks

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
adjusted the blade physically just slightly peeking on the holder. Followed the specs. It shredded the vinyl IJ180. Although this one's not laminated. Would it make any difference? thanks

Not laminated would make a big difference, I'd try a test cut around 70 to start.