• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC540 Prolll Printer Error!!

emagraphics

Good day ladies and gents!

I have a Roland XC-540 Prolll and am experiencing an issue. I just replaced my head board and black print head. Install went good, machine turned on no problem. I needed to do a few test prints and calibrations as I mentioned I replaced a print head. But when I loaded my media and clamped it down and hit the setup button on the menu screen I get this error:

Sheet Set Error

Ive quaddrouple checked how I loaded the media and the pinch rollers and no matter what I do I get that error! Could this be a "Cut Carriage Cable?" any input would be greatly appreciated.

rjssigns

Just a guess, but get into the service mode and run a sensor check. Maybe the front Paper Interrupt sensor died. Paper Interrupt sensors are located below the slots in the platen on the control end of the printer.

emagraphics

Great Idea

Just a guess, but get into the service mode and run a sensor check. Maybe the front Paper Interrupt sensor died. Paper Interrupt sensors are located below the slots in the platen on the control end of the printer.

Thank you for your input thats a great idea

emagraphics

Roland XC540 Sheet Set Error

Ok everyone I am baffled.

Ive recently had the head board repaired and replaced one of the print heads. I replaced all the parts and fired up the machine to do testing and calibration. I then loaded my material and got an error message:

Sheet Set Error

After getting this message I changed the Cut Carriage Cable NO LUCK!!!

The machine will not recognize any material - I took the advice of one of the guys on here to go into service mode and do a Sensor check and this is what I got:

FRSHOCPULWcwab
*** L******

I think I may have to call someone down

techsign33

attachment.php
Ok everyone I am baffled.

Ive recently had the head board repaired and replaced one of the print heads. I replaced all the parts and fired up the machine to do testing and calibration. I then loaded my material and got an error message:

Sheet Set Error

After getting this message I changed the Cut Carriage Cable NO LUCK!!!

The machine will not recognize any material - I took the advice of one of the guys on here to go into service mode and do a Sensor check and this is what I got:

FRSHOCPULWcwab
*** L******

I think I may have to call someone down

( The *L* = SHEET LOAD SENSOR )
which based under the sheet lever see the image so you must check this :
-check the sheet lever mechanisim work well or not I think sheet sensor is a limit switch (not sure) so the lever must push well on it .
- check sheet lever sensor fried or not mybe need to be cleaned .
- because after repairing the board this sensor never work check the cable on board set well or not trace the sensor cable to board .

emagraphics

Main Board

attachment.php

( The *L* = SHEET LOAD SENSOR )
which based under the sheet lever see the image so you must check this :
-check the sheet lever mechanisim work well or not I think sheet sensor is a limit switch (not sure) so the lever must push well on it .
- check sheet lever sensor fried or not mybe need to be cleaned .
- because after repairing the board this sensor never work check the cable on board set well or not trace the sensor cable to board .

Thank you for your reply. I noticed after inspecting closer that on the main board there was a cable that was detached CN11 - Im pretty positive this is the culprit. It needs to be soldered back on so once that is done I will see if thats the problem.

Adam24

Main Board

Thank you for your reply. I noticed after inspecting closer that on the main board there was a cable that was detached CN11 - Im pretty positive this is the culprit. It needs to be soldered back on so once that is done I will see if thats the problem.
Hi did you manage to resolve this and find out what happened? Having the same issue!