• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC540 question

Evoindustries

I have an XC540 that has been great (knocks on wood) but as of late I have been having contour cutting issue. The cut is off with regular print and cut, as well as if I run reg marks... Not sure why all of a sudden it would change. Any ideas? I can't seem to get it back on track either.

Evoindustries

Nevermind I found it. It didnt register in the ole brain, lol. Crop-Cut Adjust. I'll give that a try and see what happens. It was cutting mint and then it changed.. BUT, I did have a little error now that I think back where I had the blade depth set too deep and cut through the backer of some heat transfer material and it bunch up halting the cutting head... Yikes..

Evoindustries

Yup everything seems as it should as far as being tight. I looked it over good and didnt see anything that looked wrong or loose. So hopefully its just in the adjustment... Its causing me some serious grief right now thats for sure!

woolly

Think you should have environment match in the menu do that first before any adjustments its the time of year the weather temps are changing a lot.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Think you should have environment match in the menu do that first before any adjustments its the time of year the weather temps are changing a lot.

+1

I usually run the encoder setup and calibration in the service menu first. Then I will run the environmental match before I do any print/cut alignments. Usually when I don't, the alignment will not move even if I put in a large adjustment.

DravidDavid

We have the exact same problem with our 540. We are getting the lineal encoder and encoder reader replaced on Monday. Cleaning the encoder and laser that reads the encoder can also help with cutting and printing issues.

Ours is 12 years old and totally shagged, so it needs replacing. You know it's bad when you can see the damage on the encoder strip itself!