• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help ROLAND XF-640 SERVICE CALL 0250 ERROR

dbeere

IT IS PRINTING BLACK OVER THE ACTUAL IMAGE, HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS?
IF SO, SOME INSIGHT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS

Attachments

• IMG_2613.JPG
    IMG_2613.JPG
    725.8 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_2612.JPG
    IMG_2612.JPG
    762.2 KB · Views: 644

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This is an issue that can happen on all Epson based printers. I'm going to explain why it happens because I have seen this issue happen so many times on Signs101 that I think it will help people.

The signal that the head uses to fire the nozzles is created by the processor on the main board. The processor sends a 3 - 5 volt signal out which is not enough for the print head to fire. To amplify the signal, they use a transistor based amplifying circuit. A constant current of 42volts runs to the transistors and the low voltage signal from the processor turns the transistors on and off based on what kind of signal it needs to send to the head. This amplifies the signal so that the head can actually fire.

From the main board, through the cables, to the slider board and eventually to the head, at any point if there is a short in the system one of two things happens. Either the short blows a fuse to protect the system or sometimes the short just mixes the signals for each of the channels together which essentially sends the 42volt signal through 100%. This causes either one or all of the colors to fire at the same time which causes the issue you are having.

It's not an easy problem to diagnose because the short could be anywhere. Most of the time it's either the long trailing cables that go from the main board to the slider board. A lot of the time it's the head cables are damaged. Sometimes it is a fired head, slider board or main board. Sometimes is just ink and dust build up around cables connections. Check out all of your cables and make sure they aren't damaged, dirty, or corroded. If they are, that is your best bet to change. Also, air dust your cable terminals and clean with 91% rubbing alcohol, with the machine off and unplugged of course. Don't use anything under 91% as it doesn't dry fast enough.

Miftah

Hi there...
This is what i know according to Roland VS540i code...

CODE: 0250
CONTENTS: There is a problem with Head device.
CAUSE: Head is broken.
ACTION: Head replacement

C5 Service&Repair

Reseat all of the head cables on both the head side, and the slider board (head carriage board). Insure there is no ink droplets on the cables or on the head and board.

dbeere

I HAVE WENT AHEAD AND CHANGED OUT THE OLD HEAD CABLES WITH NEW ONES AND ITS STILL PRINTING THE SAME, TEST PRINT SPRAY LINES LOOK GREAT BUT IT'S STILL PRINTING BLACK ON THE SECOND PASS ON THE SIDE OF IT???
COULD THE PRINT HEAD BE BLOWN IF ITS STILL PUTTING OUT GOOD TEST PRINTS? OR IS THIS A FUSE OR CIRCUIT BOARD ISSUE??
THANKS

Terry01

Could have something to do with your caplocks button being jammed on?? But back to your question,,head is dead.